Pests are not only irritating creatures but also very harmful to both humans and sometimes for pets too. There are various pests that are commonly found in the home such as rats, roaches, insects, termites, spiders and so on. It is very essential to get rid of the creepy creatures as soon as you notice them as few of them even damage your property and may leave you in a huge loss. Treating them is another big task but the good thing is, you can easily prevent them from attacking your home.
It just takes a little effort to keep these unwanted guests away from your home. All you have to do is follow the below-given tips and you will see the best possible result.
Tips to Control Pests on your Own
- Keek your Kitchen Clean – The roaches, ants and other such pests get easily attracted to a dirty kitchen. It is very essential to clean the kitchen every day. Moreover, make sure the kitchen platform is completely dry as wet places are another attractive thing for the pest. So to prevent the pests this is one of the best tips you can follow.
- Do Not Keep The Dirty Utensils Overnight – There are many homeowners who keep the dirty utensils overnight in the sink and unintentionally they give an invitation to mosquitoes and cockroaches. Make sure you are cleaning the utensils after every meal and performing it immediately so that there is no chance of these pests making their way to your Homeplace.
- Plant Lavender and Mint – You can even plant lavender and mint in your garden as there are many pests that hate the smell of these ingredients and try to run-away. You can even place the plant in the places from where usually these pests make an entry to your home. Therefore, this is one of the most effective ways when it comes to making your home pest-free.
- Fill The Cracks and Gaps – You can even fill the cracks and gaps which are usually found in the walls as there are many pests who enter through that way. Ensure that you are using the best sealers and packing up all the gaps and openings you are finding in your home. Many owners try to use caulk which is not a good idea as many pests eat it up and move forward so it is advised to use the suitable thing for covering.
- Seal The Food Properly – Do not keep the food open as it may become a meal for rats and other pests. Whenever you are done having your food all you have to do is store it properly in a container and cover it using the good utensil. You can even make use of resealable bags in order to keep your food safe and giving no invitations to the pests.
Get in Contact With Squeaky Pest Control
If you are already facing the pests problem in your home and want to get rid of it as soon as possible then do not look further and get in touch with us. We at Squeak Pest Control offer professional pest control services.
Our expert team can treat all types of pests and make your home completely pest free. We highly aim at providing a safe, high quality and affordable pest control in St Kilda to our clients. To know more about our services and to get a free quote call us.
Read More Here: – Importance of a Professional Pest Control Service